Friday, December 02, 2005

Mayor's Blog Taking a Short Break

I will be taking a short break from blogging December 3rd through December 11th. For those of you visiting this mayor's blog for the first time, there is still plenty to read here about the Village of Elburn. For those of you who visit the Elburn mayor's blog regularly, I will be back really soon.

Thank you to the Elburn Herald and reporter Matt Brennan for the nice article concerning the first birthday of this blog. And, special thanks to Jim, Lisa, and Thomas Liedberg for their very kind comments and observations in the article itself.

I'm glad that Thomas was able to use some of the Civil War links posted on this blog for a school project. It seems like every time I visit a historical battlefield, I learn something about leadership that applies to the challenge of building a community today. The crucible of war brings out the best and the worst of human nature. I am always looking to learn about the "better angels" of our nature. Posted by Picasa