Thursday, November 10, 2005

Elburn's Bucky Beaver on "The MIX!"

Eric and Kathy's radio show this morning talked about Elburn's uncatchable "Bucky" the beaver, and the pictures of him posted on the mayor's blog. After a good friend Bryan Pinner let me know what was going on, I called in and talked to Eric and Kathy myself.
Since Eric is a "highly decorated" honorary Elburn police officer, I offered to put him in charge of catching "Little Bucky." Eric wasn't sure he was up to the task, but Kathy said if anyone could catch "Bucky," it was Eric.
Eric told me that I took some really good pictures of "Bucky." And, Kathy said that "I was quick with a camera."
Eric then asked if we were offering a reward for catching "Bucky." But said, after pausing, if he did catch him, that would probably be reward enough.
Obviously, our conversation was meant to be good-natured and humorous.
Since the radio spot this morning, the "Mayor's Blog" had over 500 hits in the next 4 hours. I hope everyone enjoyed looking at Bucky's pictures, as much as I enjoyed taking them for you.
Bucky is a cute beaver. But, we do have to try to catch and relocate him before he "gnaws" down the neighborhood. Unfortunately, new homes and photogenic "beavers" don't really "MIX" that well.
Thank you Eric and Kathy for having me on your show! Posted by Picasa