Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's Official!

This afternoon we cut the offical ribbon at the American Bank and Trust, our stately new bank on Main Street.
I mentioned at the event that I'd been in recently to the bank to cash a check, and that one of the new tellers had asked to see my identification. I told him that I was sure I was old enough to cash a check.
But, more importantly, I also related that there is one thing we talk about all the time at Village Hall. And, that is to make sure that in everything we do that we are helping to make Elburn into a "Better, and not just Bigger" community.
Growing "bigger" is easy, growing "better" takes commitment, effort and thought.
Our new American Bank bank definitely makes Elburn "better!" This building makes a dramatic statement right on Main Street that we care about our downtown. It is a wonderful facility to be admired, enjoyed and shared by everyone in our community for many years to come.
The ribbon we were holding was also woven together with five dollars bills. Those dollars were graciously donated after the ribbon cutting to the Elburn Food Pantry. The reason I look so intent is because I'm trying not to cut through the money. Posted by Picasa