Friday, August 12, 2005

President Bush Connects

There was a moment last Wednesday when I felt like President Bush was looking right at me. Here's the shot. It's probably just an illusion a person feels when a speaker that you are really concentrating on scans the audience with his eyes. Then again, he might have been thinking to himself, who are those two goofy looking guys wearing the "Dubya" hats?
People can make fun of the President when he slips on a pronunciation, but you can't deny that he makes connections with a live audience. President Bush radiates a personal warmth and a casual assuredness when you hear him speak in person. I suspect that sometimes the bright light intensity of television can make a leader appear less sincere than he really is.
I'm glad I had the chance to see President Bush, and to just listen to the man speak. His tempo, his timing, his tenor, his tone, and yes, even his "Blagojevich" flub were perfect for the occasion. They were more than enough for me. Posted by Picasa